Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Jean Quilt


This is a pattern I made out of jeans. I made this design for my brother for his wedding (he got married 2 days before me), but u know how things are. It got put off and eventually (5 yrs or more later) I think I finally finished it. It was supposed to be embroidered (names), but I was kinda poor, so I used paint and stencils. It took a REALLY long time to paint, because I could only do 1 or 2 letters per row per day. I had to wait for it to dry. The 1st quilt I made, this was my pattern, my grandmother said it cant be done. In quilting anything is possible, thats why I love it. No Rules! This has mine and my husbands name in the top corners of the heart. The middle is wedding info then sealing info.

1 comment:

  1. Next time, get with Dee...she has an embroidering machine. Im sure if you provided the thread she would help out cause she is cool like that =) What a great idea, this quilt.

    ReplyDelete