Friday, January 8, 2010

My Very First Quilt Story


This is my 1st quilt I ever made. My grandma betty helped me. It is made from everyone in my family's jeans (mom, dad, bro, and me). You can tell which ones are my dads, because of the grease stains on them, lol. But I love them, I think it gives it character.
This is a blog and I am supposed to talk about me, so I'm going to tell u how this quilt came about. My boyfriend at the time had a jean quilt. His grandmother made them and i wanted one, too. I hate sewing! In highschool I had a sewing project in home economics and my grandma sewed it for me. We got an A! And I loved that dress, lol. Anyway, his grandmother did make one for me, but I left it in Alaska. My mom found it a couple years ago, so we decided that he should probably have it. I think (not sure), I put a loved blanket inside. I know I wanted to use it for the batting, but my grandma said we couldnt. Not really sure whether we did or not. It would have been a snoopy blanket that was my aunties. This blanket is very warm, we used polar fleece for the backing. It was logical for Alaska, my parents lived in an old house with not very good heating, as in a wood stove and my room was in the back of the house. So, this quilt is probably 15 yrs old and needs repairs. I might learn how to applique and patch the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment