Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dad's Quilt

My dad works away from home in the summer and lives in his trailer (5th wheel). So, I wanted to make him a quilt. The top fabrics are all flannel. This is my 1st quilt that I machine quilted in the ditch. I used a regular sewing machine to quilt it. I had a hard time with it shifting, so when I met up in the corners there was a gap. So I had to improvise. This quilt is very warm and my Dad loves it. Of course, because I made it, lol. My mom and dad are in the pic. I made it for him for Father's Day in 2006.
I do have plans for a quilt for my mom for home. It will be black, purple, and teal (these are my favorite colors). I have the fabric for it, but havn't decided on the pattern yet. So, I probably wont get that one done for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment