Saturday, November 12, 2011

Waiting for Wood

I just want to start by saying I love my Heavenly Father and I know he watches over and takes care of me and my family. I don't own a truck, so every year I have a huge issue with getting wood. So, I asked my neighbors boyfriend and he said "Yeah I can get you some wood." So, he got his friend (that has a truck) and came over, well the problem is they need $50 for gas and the wood. The trusting (nieve and stupid) person that I am gave them the $. 2 weeks later still no wood. He promised it would be cut and split and delivered the day after i gave him the $. We finally have to go get it ourselves and load it in the trunk of my car. The wood is also NOT cut or split (I don't even own an ax). So, now I've spent $50 and 2 trips to town for some crappy wood.
Anyway, couple days before, I was driving on Hwy 160 and drove by a church that had FREE firewood. I already decided that if I didn't get my firewood by Saturday, I would get some from there.
While picking up the crappy wood I paid for, the (lazy good for nothing) guy told me about the church with the firewood and said they can deliver it. So, I decided I would go there the next day and ask them if I could swap out the wood.
OK, next day, I go to the church and they say "No, we don't deliver the wood." Here is the part where I know Heavenly Father watches over me. I am so greatful for people that listen to the promptings of the Lord. When I pulled up to the church a friend from my church was there loading their truck up with wood. I asked him if he could possibly bring me some wood and pick up the wood I couldn't use and bring it there to swap out then get himself some wood. Of course, he said "Yes." I know it wasn't a coincidence, it was the promptings of the Lord. Whether it was me listening or them listening(probably them, lol). I'm also so glad I have an awesome Church family, I know I can call anyone for help. It's kinda funny cause the guy giving out the firewood said, "That was really nice of that guy to help you like that." And I thought to myself, "No, that's just how my church is." If it was me with a truck I wouldn't give it a second thought and I know he didn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment