Monday, May 2, 2011

3rd grade postcard swap!


In my yahoo group trading fabric postcards, we were asked to swap with a 3rd grade class in California. My 1st thought was the awesome summer camp "I spy" fabric that I had! Very cool, ya know a 3rd grader is all about summer vacation and having fun! I then got a message from the person in charge of our group and said they worked very hard and "did not just slap a piece of fabric" on there. Ok, then I really had to change it and do something different. So, I looked at what scraps I had to make a postcard that maybe a 3rd grader would enjoy. I found my outdoor fabric scraps and made a pretty cool postcard, but I didn't really think a 3rd grader would have thought it very cool. So, I thought of BRIGHT colors and got my frog scraps out! Anyway, I hope she likes it.
This is the postcard that I got from my 3rd grader. Her name is Kiowa and this is her ocean scene. Wow! Is all I can say. I wish I was as creative as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment