Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabric Postcards


These are fabric postcards I have received in the mail! I think my favorite is the wolf and mountain, but they are all really cool! The different themes are frogs, valentine, Roads, Native American, and the last we had to make 1 with the persons initials.

These are ones that I made! Most of the swaps we do are just 1 postcard, so I've been making 2, so I have an extra! I am also making extra to mail to my friends! The jeans is my favorite. It was made from Michael's old jeans. We are doing an Alphabet Swap "Z", I thought of zipper! Way Cool Huh! The alligator 1 is 1 of my 1st ones I made, so I kinda like to keep it, so I can see how far I have come. The recipe is coffee, I dont drink coffee, but they sure sound good. I obtained this fabric from a swap with a friend, I thought it would make perfect postcards! Frogs are for the frog swap, this 1 I'm sending to my Aunt, who's a quilter, loves frogs, and golf (lol), so I thought of her. The valentine is a pattern from "Block Magic, too".

I am always learning, especially from other swappers. I love making them, because it's fast, easy, and rewarding. It makes me feel so good when I finish a project. My next project is St. Patrick's Day (I signed up), not sure what I'm going to do. Making my postcards I always use from my stash. What I have seen, is you dont have to worry about fraying with applique, I think I'm going to have to try that with a shamrock. In case u havent noticed, I am kinda scared of applique, but would kinda like to learn, I mean u can do so much with it, ya know?

Anyway, back to life.....Scott is doing 100% better! He knows almost all his alphabet and is learning. I am so proud of him. Jeremy is working alot and will finally get a day or 2 off this weekend. It's been a struggle, but I think we might just make it. As for Michael, what's up with him!? He needs an adjustment, I think. Is that normal with 8 yr olds? He has always been my easy child, but he is always complaining and is like pulling teeth to get him to do anything. Ugh, that's life I guess. Scott likes to antagonize him and Michael just cant let it go, so there is alot of fighting and yelling going on. Big Z is normal though, kinda slow to do stuff (like get dressed and put shoes and socks on). He's been watching alot of TV lately and has become a routine, but I guess he is learning, right? Oh, as for me (it is my blog about me), I have officially been put on the volunteer schedule at Fannin County Community Ministries. I go in once a week. I LOVE doing service and helping people. Well, I should get off the computer, as I always have tons to do around the house, especially when my husband is coming home, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment